Mike, Meg and Sumit are currently camped at Nico de Condores (camp 2). They made the 1250m climb from base camp in good time under snowy conditions. Nico de Condores has stunning 360 degree views includes the northern and southern peaks of Aconcagua. Tomorrow the team will depart for Camp 3.
The team has been resting at BC for the last 2 days, but from tomorrow they will make they way to Camp 2 on their summit bid. Strong winds have been predicted early next week so the team have a tight schedule to keep. The next day they’ll climb to Camp 3 (5974m) where Pasang, […]
Wanting to pack more into their 2nd rotation, the team are currently packing up Camp 1 and are heading to Camp 2 now. They had a good sleep at Camp 1 last night, and are keen to keep building up their acclimatization. Tomorrow the team will drop back to BC and will rest to watch […]
After yesterday’s first load carry to Camp 1 (4938m) and return to BC, Meg, Mike and Sumit are feeling quite good and confident. So instead of resting today, they are climbing to Camp 2 (5600m) and will return to Camp 1 to sleep. The team will then rest before the summit push.
The team reached Aconcagua base camp at Plaza de Mulas (4360m) yesterday in good time, although it was a long day. Fortunately mules carried most of the gear to spare them the load. Today they are acclimatizing and settling into their home for the next 2 weeks. The first leg up to Camp 1 (4940m) […]
t’s cold and chilly in Nepal at the moment, but Lakpa and Sumit have escaped into the heat of the Southern Hemisphere this winter. Lakpa is touring in Australia, rocking climbing and reconnecting with old friends and clients. There may be an attempt on Mt Cook in New Zealand as well. On the other side […]
Over the last few days, we’ve patiently waited at base camp hoping for the winds to ease and for the snow to improve. Lakpa and Dendi tried again to fix the summit ropes, but only reached another 100m above where Jangbu left the job before being turned back by soft snow that is wary of […]
It’s still a waiting game at base camp. We’re still waiting for the wind and snow to recede to allow the fixing team an opportunity to finish the route. Unfortunately the winds continue to blow too strongly and it’s expected to continue throughout this week. Hopefully, time will not deny our other teams a summit […]
The fixing team will attempt to finish the route today. This is the last window before a few days of high winds. However, the team’s progress will again depend on the snow conditions up there. Base camp is still covered in snow…the summit route, even more so. Team A of Allan, Mark, Michael, Raul and […]
Everyone is back at base camp today. Unfortunately, the snow conditions prevented the fixing team from completing the route to the summit. The risk of avalanche is still too high. To protect our climbers and guides, we’ve pulled everyone off the mountain to await better snow and wind conditions. Although Allan, Mark, Michael, Raul and […]