Our Everest team took a break on April 18. It was a resting day, we burnt juniper and quietly contemplated the events of 2 years past when we lost some good friends and guides. We miss you Ankaji.
On April 19 the Everest climbers set off for their first rotation cycle. First climbing and sleeping at C1, then next morning climbed to C2, returned to C1 for the night, and finally returned to BC. They are all safely back at BC, and every excited to climb higher. The days were good with some windy nights. The team will start their next rotation to touch C3 on the 28th. Lakpa and his team are patiently waiting for another chance at the summit at Annapurna base camp, which should be soon. Keep posted.
- Everest 2020 & Covid-19
- End of Spring 2017 wrap up and new beginnings….
- First Myanmar Everest summit and more
- Everest team at South col, ready for the summit
- Another year of new challenges in the Himalayas
- Ready for summit, waiting for a good weather window
- First summit of the season on Annapurna!
- First rotation to Camp 2 complete!
- Everest and Annapurna update 17.04.16
- Annapurna and Everest update