Over the last few days, we’ve patiently waited at base camp hoping for the winds to ease and for the snow to improve. Lakpa and Dendi tried again to fix the summit ropes, but only reached another 100m above where Jangbu left the job before being turned back by soft snow that is wary of potential avalanche.
Unfortunately, our climbers have now run out of time and can’t afford to wait another week for the mountain to open up. Such is the life of mountaineering, it has its joys and frustrations. We will certainly be remembering cyclone Phailin for quite some time…
Most of team A, Kate, Chris and Christian have departed for home. Jack, Anthony and Mark already made an early escape and are enjoying the lights of Diwali in Kathmandu. Tom, Noel, Charles, Jeffrey, Christine, Candace and Greg will begin their trek to Lukla soon.
Hopefully the mountain will eventually open up this season for our coming expedition teams.
- Everest 2020 & Covid-19
- End of Spring 2017 wrap up and new beginnings….
- First Myanmar Everest summit and more
- Everest team at South col, ready for the summit
- Another year of new challenges in the Himalayas
- Ready for summit, waiting for a good weather window
- First summit of the season on Annapurna!
- First rotation to Camp 2 complete!
- Everest and Annapurna update 17.04.16
- Annapurna and Everest update