In light of the coronavirus pandemic situation across the globe, on 13thMarch 2020 the Nepal government has closed its borders to visitors until 30thApril 2020. Effectively this has halted tourism for the coming Spring 2020 season, including all mountaineering expeditions and trekking trips.
Whilst we understand the actions taken by the government to protect the general Nepal population, unfortunately many who rely on the Spring season income for their livelihood will go without this year. We are saddened by the impact the closure will have across the tourism sector in Nepal, but in particular the impact this will have on expedition and trekking staff that are the cogs and gears behind all Nepal adventures. We are working to reduce the financial impact for some of our staff.
This is a difficult and stressful time for everyone, we wish you good health over the coming few months as this pandemic runs its course. We look forward to partnering with you again when Nepal reopens for business. We’ll be ready to hit the trails and peaks strong!
- Reflections on the trying circumstances of the 12th Everest expedition of Himalayan Ascent
- Everest 2020 & Covid-19
- End of Spring 2017 wrap up and new beginnings….
- First Myanmar Everest summit and more
- Everest team at South col, ready for the summit
- Another year of new challenges in the Himalayas
- Ready for summit, waiting for a good weather window
- First summit of the season on Annapurna!
- First rotation to Camp 2 complete!
- Everest and Annapurna update 17.04.16