t’s cold and chilly in Nepal at the moment, but Lakpa and Sumit have escaped into the heat of the Southern Hemisphere this winter.
Lakpa is touring in Australia, rocking climbing and reconnecting with old friends and clients. There may be an attempt on Mt Cook in New Zealand as well.
On the other side of the Pacific, Sumit is climbing the normal route on Aconcagua with Mike and Meg Hansen in Argentina.
The team will start their approach to base camp today with a 3 hr drive to their first acclimatization stop at 2400m. They will then trek for 3 days with a rest/acclimisatisation day to reach base camp at 4360m. All the good steak and Malbec in Mendoza can’t contain the excitement in the team to hit the road and start the expedition.
- Everest 2020 & Covid-19
- End of Spring 2017 wrap up and new beginnings….
- First Myanmar Everest summit and more
- Everest team at South col, ready for the summit
- Another year of new challenges in the Himalayas
- Ready for summit, waiting for a good weather window
- First summit of the season on Annapurna!
- First rotation to Camp 2 complete!
- Everest and Annapurna update 17.04.16
- Annapurna and Everest update