For the last 48 hr, more than 1.5m of snow has fallen at base camp leaving it looking like a winter wonderland in autumn. The team are hunkered down at camp, fueling up and enjoying a heated tent.
Today several members stepped out to break trail through the snow to make phone calls up a ridge. The weather seems to be clearing with some patches of blue sky and little snow falling.
Malcolm and Chirring are expected to make their appearance at base camp today. If the weather holds, a lama from Pangbouche will arrive tomorrow to conduct the expedition puja for the season.
- Everest 2020 & Covid-19
- End of Spring 2017 wrap up and new beginnings….
- First Myanmar Everest summit and more
- Everest team at South col, ready for the summit
- Another year of new challenges in the Himalayas
- Ready for summit, waiting for a good weather window
- First summit of the season on Annapurna!
- First rotation to Camp 2 complete!
- Everest and Annapurna update 17.04.16
- Annapurna and Everest update