It’s happening for Team A! Allan, Mark, Michael, Raul and Stephen are currently at Camp 1 on their climb up to the summit. Jangbu is part of the fixing team and led the route to Camp 2.7 today.
However, the conditions aren’t too great for the final summit ridge climb. There is still too much snow on the ridge after Cyclone Phailin, in addition to some recent fresh snow. Whether the fixing team will be able to complete the route tomorrow is uncertain.
Unfortunately time is ticking for Team A with strong winds expected next week to inhibit later summit attempts. The effects of Cyclone Phailin still linger here…
Meanwhile Lakpa, Christine and Greg are at Camp 2 on their acclimatisation round. Candace will join them tomorrow, she is at Camp 1 now.
Jack, Tom and Noel returned from Camp 1 and 2 yesterday, and they will hike down to Pangbouche tomorrow. With the expected wind delays, the boys are dropping to lower altitude for 3 days of good rest.
- Everest 2020 & Covid-19
- End of Spring 2017 wrap up and new beginnings….
- First Myanmar Everest summit and more
- Everest team at South col, ready for the summit
- Another year of new challenges in the Himalayas
- Ready for summit, waiting for a good weather window
- First summit of the season on Annapurna!
- First rotation to Camp 2 complete!
- Everest and Annapurna update 17.04.16
- Annapurna and Everest update