Mike, Meg and Sumit packed up and sped along the trail to Los Penitentes from BC, they completed the 32km hike in 5 hr. Must have been all that saved energy for the summit diverted to the trail home.
After killing a few hours with beer whilst waiting for the mules and other climbers to catch up, they then made the final bus journey back to Mendoza.
Their spirits have lifted after chatting to fellow climbers, some of whom were on their 3rd and 4th attempt on Aconcagua…and still failed due to weather! HA have unfinished business with Aconcagua…. we’ll be back.
- Everest 2020 & Covid-19
- End of Spring 2017 wrap up and new beginnings….
- First Myanmar Everest summit and more
- Everest team at South col, ready for the summit
- Another year of new challenges in the Himalayas
- Ready for summit, waiting for a good weather window
- First summit of the season on Annapurna!
- First rotation to Camp 2 complete!
- Everest and Annapurna update 17.04.16
- Annapurna and Everest update