The Pangbouche lama has arrived at base camp to conduct our puja for the season on Ama Dablam. Finally the weather has cleared for us to move ahead with the climbing schedule, which is now slightly delayed due to the previous days of snow.
Tomorrow we will take our first acclimatisation climb to Camp 1 and will return to base camp. The next day we’ll sleep at Camp 1. The climbing conditions are tougher than usual even to Camp 1 due to the snow. Our fixing guides have considerable work ahead of them these coming days.
More expeditions are expected at base camp today. Yesterday we farewelled Cara who is continuing her trek around the Khumbhu with Deepak, and we welcomed Stephen and Jangbu. The weather came in during their planned days to climb Lobuche East so unfortunately the climb was canceled.
- Everest 2020 & Covid-19
- End of Spring 2017 wrap up and new beginnings….
- First Myanmar Everest summit and more
- Everest team at South col, ready for the summit
- Another year of new challenges in the Himalayas
- Ready for summit, waiting for a good weather window
- First summit of the season on Annapurna!
- First rotation to Camp 2 complete!
- Everest and Annapurna update 17.04.16
- Annapurna and Everest update