Chris and Vance have completed their camp 3 rotation on Makalu with Lakpa, Ngima and Galden. At the moment the winds aren’t looking great at the summit so they’re patiently sitting tight at base camp for the window to open.
Once the winds ease, the team will make their summit push. Meanwhile most of our teams in the Khumbu have returned or are on their way back.
Despite Bobby’s multiple sclerosis, the team managed to climb in good time for sunrise views over Everest. He is unofficially the first person with MS to have reached at altitude of 5550m. It took four years of training for this important event, and Bobby is an amazing MS role model to prove that physical goals are still achievable. Congratulations Bobby! Read more about Bobby’s journey here:
- Everest 2020 & Covid-19
- End of Spring 2017 wrap up and new beginnings….
- First Myanmar Everest summit and more
- Everest team at South col, ready for the summit
- Another year of new challenges in the Himalayas
- Ready for summit, waiting for a good weather window
- First summit of the season on Annapurna!
- First rotation to Camp 2 complete!
- Everest and Annapurna update 17.04.16
- Annapurna and Everest update