Despite mild wind weather predictions, strong winds prevented the Makalu team from reaching Camp 3 on the 15th. Camp 3 sits on the Makalu la, a pass or saddle that is exposed to winds.
We heard reports of some teams already at Camp 3 who were unable to leave their tents, and other braver teams who managed to push pass the winds to climb to Camp 4 that day. Kudos to them!! Having now missed the 17th-18th summit window, Lakpa, Chris, Vance, Ngima and Galden are back in base camp to wait for the next oppportunity.
- Everest 2020 & Covid-19
- End of Spring 2017 wrap up and new beginnings….
- First Myanmar Everest summit and more
- Everest team at South col, ready for the summit
- Another year of new challenges in the Himalayas
- Ready for summit, waiting for a good weather window
- First summit of the season on Annapurna!
- First rotation to Camp 2 complete!
- Everest and Annapurna update 17.04.16
- Annapurna and Everest update