The next morning was filled with goodbyes and well wishes. Sadly the group was split between those returning to Kathmandu (Pete, Lexi, Mario, Erika, Will) and those off to more Khumbu adventures in Ama Dablam, Island peak and Everest (Lakpa, Pasang, Dendi, Anna, Chris).
Eventually we made the descent to the valley floor, breaked in Monjo and Ghat before arriving in Lukla under hail stones and rain! What a great way to end the trek. On our last night, we ate traditional dhal bhat with our porter staff to thank them for their amazing service. Fortunately, the afternoon’s bad weather cleared the skies the next morning for our flight back to Kathmandu.
Meanwhile, the Ama Dablam team are working their way up to the notorious camp 2. Keep you posted on that….Sabita
- Reflections on the trying circumstances of the 12th Everest expedition of Himalayan Ascent
- Everest 2020 & Covid-19
- End of Spring 2017 wrap up and new beginnings….
- First Myanmar Everest summit and more
- Everest team at South col, ready for the summit
- Another year of new challenges in the Himalayas
- Ready for summit, waiting for a good weather window
- First summit of the season on Annapurna!
- First rotation to Camp 2 complete!
- Everest and Annapurna update 17.04.16