The weather has been brilliantly sunny till now, as Nepal including the Khumbu await a deluge of rain and snow from Cyclone Phailin as it moves inland into India. To avoid walking through the expected snowfall, the team are speedily hiking to Ama Dablam base camp at this moment to reach there by lunch time.
Yesterday they left Namche for Debouche, and along the way spent a pleasant afternoon enjoying festivities of a 5 day puja at Tengboche monastery.
Malcolm, Noel and Tom caught up with the team on Saturday in Namche. Malcolm will soon join the team at base camp after first filling up on more Illy coffee in Namche. Noel and Tom are doing an independent trek exploration of the Khumbu before meeting up with Chirring and Jack to climb Island peak.
Lakpa, Chris, Candace and Greg have reached Namche today and will continue to trek to Lobuche base camp during the coming week to acclimatise on this peak before Ama dablam.
- Reflections on the trying circumstances of the 12th Everest expedition of Himalayan Ascent
- Everest 2020 & Covid-19
- End of Spring 2017 wrap up and new beginnings….
- First Myanmar Everest summit and more
- Everest team at South col, ready for the summit
- Another year of new challenges in the Himalayas
- Ready for summit, waiting for a good weather window
- First summit of the season on Annapurna!
- First rotation to Camp 2 complete!
- Everest and Annapurna update 17.04.16