The 2012 Himalayan Ascent Lobouche East team have just arrived into Namche after a good hike from Monjo. Everyone is feeling good and we arrived in good time. The team this year consists of a good mix of personalities and experiences in Anna Eriksson (Sweden), Peter Lark (Australia), Erika Martinez (Australia), Mario Martinez (Australia), William Pastor (USA) and Christopher Possa (Switzerland). Our guides this time are Lakpa Sherpa, Sumit Joshi, Dendi Sherpa and Lakpa Sherpa jnr. Still to arrive are Lexi Tuddenham (USA) and Pasang Chutti Sherpa who are joining us later in Lobouche, whilst the rest of the group head to Everest base camp first.
Tomorrow is an acclimatization day so we’re walking up to the Everest View Hotel to give Chris his first peep at Ama Dablam. Then we’re rock climbing in a newly developed crag near Syanboche airport. After Lobouche, Lakpa Sherpa is leading Chris on an expedition on the mountain with another 2 Americans, a Japanese and a Singaporean. Also post Lobouche, Anna will also attempt a double summit on Island Peak, while Dendi and Pasang Chutti will head to Everest. If successful it will be Dendi’s 6th summit on Everest. For Pasang Chutti, a Khumbu local from Monjo, it will be her first thanks to the kind generosity of Christine Burke for making this dream happen for her.
Fortunately, we missed the storm that passed through Namche last night. It’s left us clear views of the surrounding mountains, including a stunning first glimpse of Everest on the walk up. We can’t ask for much more as we sit here now enjoying a coffee and chocolate rich brownie…..Sabita
- Reflections on the trying circumstances of the 12th Everest expedition of Himalayan Ascent
- Everest 2020 & Covid-19
- End of Spring 2017 wrap up and new beginnings….
- First Myanmar Everest summit and more
- Everest team at South col, ready for the summit
- Another year of new challenges in the Himalayas
- Ready for summit, waiting for a good weather window
- First summit of the season on Annapurna!
- First rotation to Camp 2 complete!
- Everest and Annapurna update 17.04.16