I am back in Kathmandu and am relieved to leave behind another tumultuous Everest season.
Although I am excited to be safely home to my pregnant wife, I am deeply saddened that Ankaji’s children and 15 other families don’t have a father to welcome home this time. What grieves me more as I reconnect to the international coverage of the accident is that there are now reports circulating of a malicious group of Sherpas threatening and intimidating other climbers.
Curiously my name appears in one report as a leader of such a campaign. As with a year ago on Everest, yet again I find myself in a position needing to put forth a version of events as I experienced.
- Everest 2020 & Covid-19
- End of Spring 2017 wrap up and new beginnings….
- First Myanmar Everest summit and more
- Everest team at South col, ready for the summit
- Another year of new challenges in the Himalayas
- Ready for summit, waiting for a good weather window
- First summit of the season on Annapurna!
- First rotation to Camp 2 complete!
- Everest and Annapurna update 17.04.16
- Annapurna and Everest update