Himalayan Ascent were out in full force at the 1st ClimbMandu rock climbing competition in Kathmandu, Nepal. Senior guide Ankaji competed in the lead competition and made it to the finals, he just missed out on a top 3 ranking but it was a fun climb.
Lakpa and Sumit just went to the event to support Ankaji and were talked into signing up for the Dyno competition. It was an intense 2 minutes of constant Dyno leaps to the hold, some added height and youth would have scored the pair a ranking. However, Sumit and Lakpa stand a good chance if there is ever a Masters competition in Nepal. Guide Jangbu provided technical support as part of the Nepal Mountain Guide Association who co-sponsored the event. Check out more photo on our Facebook Himalayan Ascent Page: http://www.facebook.com/HimalayanAscent?ref=hl
- Reflections on the trying circumstances of the 12th Everest expedition of Himalayan Ascent
- Everest 2020 & Covid-19
- End of Spring 2017 wrap up and new beginnings….
- First Myanmar Everest summit and more
- Everest team at South col, ready for the summit
- Another year of new challenges in the Himalayas
- Ready for summit, waiting for a good weather window
- First summit of the season on Annapurna!
- First rotation to Camp 2 complete!
- Everest and Annapurna update 17.04.16