Hi, finally I have got some time to write something up quick. We have been in our base camp for a week now. Things are going really well so far, lots of work settling on to base camp. The trek up to base camp was fun with Sion, Lahmu and Anna who joined us on our walk. There were lots of laugh shared, which are missed by us all here since they went back.The group is focusing on keeping healthy and trying to stay well acclimatises for the climb. Trying to make base camp as comfortable as we can, all the ipads, macbooks, iphones are getting a good use as a personal dvd watching device.
We invited all of the Everest ER crew for dinner on the 11th and had our base camp Puja on the 12th, which was, celebrated with few beers, rum, whiskeys and some dancing. Since than our guides has already made one load carry to camp 1 and the group made a good day walk halfway through the icefall yesterday. Today is our rest day before we head off tomorrow for three days, hopefully we will make it up to camp 2 and back.
We have 4 Swedish visitors in our base camp right now from Adventure Lovers. They are pretty impressed to see how we live and enjoying ice climbing and training for their Lobuche and Island peak climbing. Big hello to Michael from all the Swedish and me. Raul is loving catching up on his ice hockey news.All goes well we will be back at base camp on the 17th and we will have few days of rest so try to write some more after.
Happy 2068 (Nepali New Year to all)
Speak soon Sumit
- Reflections on the trying circumstances of the 12th Everest expedition of Himalayan Ascent
- Everest 2020 & Covid-19
- End of Spring 2017 wrap up and new beginnings….
- First Myanmar Everest summit and more
- Everest team at South col, ready for the summit
- Another year of new challenges in the Himalayas
- Ready for summit, waiting for a good weather window
- First summit of the season on Annapurna!
- First rotation to Camp 2 complete!
- Everest and Annapurna update 17.04.16