Fantastic news!! Summit success! Scott Macintosh and Niels Tietz made the epic climb from Camp 2 to the top on the afternoon of April 26th. Chris Possa made the wise decision to turn around after Camp 3 after feeling the fatigue of consecutive Camp 2 to Camp 3 climbs. You’ll remember that this is the most dangerous section of the route. Chris has already had a massive 4 weeks of solid trekking and climbing in the Khumbu beginning with the Lobuche expedition. Everyone is back in base camp and they’ve stripped all gear off the mountain. They are now enjoying a rest day, and then packing up to head back towards Lukla tomorrow.
Anna is also on her way back to Lukla and should get there tonight. I’m sure many climbers at EBC are disappointed about her departure. Our Everest climbing team of Pasang Chutti and Dendi Sherpa are doing really well. They made a first trip through the ice fall to Camp 1, slept a night and then went up to Camp 2 before returning. Tomorrow they’ll make another acclimitisation round of Camp 1 for a few nights and then head for Camp 3.
Sharon and Allan Cohrs arrived into Kathmandu yesterday from Australia. Sumit, Sharon and Allan are leading 12 trekkers to EBC on a fundraising walk for Sharon’s “Climbing For a Cause” charity. Sharon and Allan both summited Everest last year with Himalayan Ascent, which made Sharon the first breast cancer survivor to reach the top of the world! She’s a true inspiration of perseverance and determination. You can read more about Sharon here: www.climbingforacause.com.au. We’ll post regular updates about the trek starting soon…Sumit
- Reflections on the trying circumstances of the 12th Everest expedition of Himalayan Ascent
- Everest 2020 & Covid-19
- End of Spring 2017 wrap up and new beginnings….
- First Myanmar Everest summit and more
- Everest team at South col, ready for the summit
- Another year of new challenges in the Himalayas
- Ready for summit, waiting for a good weather window
- First summit of the season on Annapurna!
- First rotation to Camp 2 complete!
- Everest and Annapurna update 17.04.16