Hi,This is Sumit from the office in Kathmandu. I spoke to Lakpa yesterday, who was setting up high camp for our 3 peaks group on Lobuche East. First out of three they will try to climb tomorrow. All the group members are doing well and they left base camp of Lobuche yesterday for the lake camp, which is at around 5400m. If all goes well they are planning to summit Lobuche east tomorrow morning sometimes.
Our group are blessed with bumper weather after epic three weeks of bad weather in Lukla airport, because of clear sky everyday and night. The temperature is little bit chiller than normal. Once I hear of their progress tomorrow, I will write another update.
- Reflections on the trying circumstances of the 12th Everest expedition of Himalayan Ascent
- Everest 2020 & Covid-19
- End of Spring 2017 wrap up and new beginnings….
- First Myanmar Everest summit and more
- Everest team at South col, ready for the summit
- Another year of new challenges in the Himalayas
- Ready for summit, waiting for a good weather window
- First summit of the season on Annapurna!
- First rotation to Camp 2 complete!
- Everest and Annapurna update 17.04.16